A very rich, diverse and challenging curriculum from Years 7 to 12.
Through its design and implementation, the curriculum program of Cobden Technical School encourages students to take responsibility for their learning and to develop the skills necessary to establish and achieve their goals and ambitions. The curriculum program, of 30 x 48-minute sessions per week, is based upon three sub-
schools:Year 7 and 8 CurriculumYear 9 and 10 CurriculumYear 11 and 12 Curriculum
Years 7 and 8 are the preparatory years where the students will cover all areas of the curriculum to provide them with a solid basis of knowledge and skills.
Years 9 and 10 are the consolidation years providing students with the chance to cover a broad range of curriculum areas, with the opportunity for extension and focus on areas of specific interest.
Years 11 and 12 are the pathways years where students are provided with the opportunity to plan the direction to their future after school.At all levels, Cobden Technical School offers:
- Studies across all Learning Areas
- Wonderful camps and excursions
- Instrumental Music and opportunity for involvement in bands and ensembles
- Participation in the wide range of competitions: Maths, Science, English, Chess,Writing, the RACV energy challenge.
- Strong student support processes and personnel through our pastoral care system
- Wonderful opportunities for sporting involvement
- Work experience and work placement
Please contact us for more information and speak to our staff for your relevant area of interest.